At long last, I have the recipe for the perfect pizza dough. Here it is, my recipe for super quick, consistently tasty, fluffy, yet crispy crust!
This recipe is enough for a 12’ round or an 8’x13’ rectangular baking sheet.
1 cup of very warm water
2 1/4 tsp Quick rise yeast (I use Fleishman’s)
2 1/4 cups All-Purpose flour
2 tsp of sugar
1 tsp of salt
2 tbsp of good olive oil
1) Stir the yeast into the very warm water, set it aside while you put together the dry ingredients
2) Mix together Flour, salt and sugar
3) make a well in the flour (a little indent) and pour in the yeast mixture and the oil and stir with a fork until it resembles dough.
4) kneed the dough until all the flour gets incorporated. About 2 minutes. The dough should be soft but not very sticky.
5) Cover the dough and let it rise for 1 hour until it doubles in size.
To roll out the dough, you don’t need a rolling pin. I just put about a tablespoon of olive oil on the baking sheet and form the dough into a flat disk with my hands.
I also poke the dough several times with a fork (before putting on the sauce) to prevent large air bubbles from forming in the dough.
Two new favourite topping of choice are avocado and peas! What are your toppings of choice?